Recently started my own business from home with Usborne Books and More. Last month they had a fantastic deal where I could start for only $50 so after being on the fence for months I took the leap into direct sales! This is what I’ve learned.
- You have to be motivated. One of my biggest fears in starting direct sales was that I wouldn’t sell anything because I don’t necessarily have a lot of friends to sell to, but I’m working in scheduling parties anyway. Make friends, make sales. That’s my goal!
- Know WHY you’re doing it. In a couple of my posts I’ve talked about how important staying home with my kids is. I knew that if I was going to get a job of any sort it needed to work around my kids. Not the other way around.
- Learn the best way to work your business. I want a job where I can work smarter rather than harder so I started by looking at the best ways I could approach my business. Did you know you don’t just have to sell to your friends when you work direct sales? With Usborne I have the option to work with schools and sell to libraries instead of JUST those in my circle of family and friends. I get to sell to preschools and daycares and I love that that’s an option!
- Think about the benefits. You may not get health benefits like with some jobs BUT you get to pick your own hours, work as much or as little as you want, and best of all you’re your own boss. Only you can decide what works best.
- Ask yourself what you’re passionate about and work from there. What I love about Usborne is it gives me the opportunity to instill a love of literature in the next generation. It’s really important to do something you love that way it never truly feels like a job. You can go online and find the best work from home job for you by finding what you love.
Are you a work at home mom or dad? What are you passionate about, and how does that translate into the job you do? Let me know in the comments below!